Sunday, April 21, 2013

weekend wind-down

Going into the weekend, I always think I'm going to take advantage of the down time.  Not only will I finish the laundry and clean up the house, I'll set up meals for the week, do a little shopping and, weather permitting, work in the yard.
 
Never happens.
 
Three or four nights a week I arrive home between 4:30 and 5:00.  That's a 10 or 11 hour day (that easy month of April changed in a hurry when I hired two brand new coaches).
 
Alexander was out on a sleepover weekend so you would think Eric and I would take advantage of the time alone. Go out and enjoy being grown ups.
Instead, we decided to stay in and enjoy being grown ups in a quiet house.
 
The weekend began with a date night at Red Robin with Eric. 
 Hooray for finding another gluten-free restaurant!
 
We watched a few movies.
 Pitch Perfect.
Glee on the big screen.  I loved it.
 
Trouble with the Curve
A baseball movie with a father and daughter. 
Yes, please.
 
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
Fabulous.  Simply Fabulous.
 
Finished some laundry. 
Took a nap (or two).
 
I probably should have done some shopping.  Should have done more cleaning. 
I don't really care.
 
At least I cleaned this hot mess up
This often happens to my closet between winter and spring seasons.
And always leads to ridiculous levels of springtime shopping.
From the comfort of my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?