Thursday, December 10, 2009

People I can't live without...

It goes, without mention, that I can't live without the amazing family and friends who surround me during the daily grind (although, I could probably live without a few co-workers).  So, let me clarify that this blog entry is about OTHER people in my life who will devastate my world when/if they retire.

My hairdresser, Suzy. 
She and I have been together for almost 13 years now.  I first met her at Gene Juarez.  When she left the salon she decided to travel to people's home.  I used to pull in 5 or 6 family/friends to have hair done at the same time and I'm pretty sure we paid her mortgage during that chapter of life.  Now, I travel to her home.  And if you shoud know anything about me, it is that I do not leave my city if I don't have to.  Everything I need is close at hand so why put the extra miles on my truck?  Except my hairdresser.  So, I drive the 20 minutes every 6-8 weeks..  I love the time we spend catching up, sharing child-rearing stories, and updating lives as she cleans up the dark roots (not a true blonde?!) and trims the length. 

My dentist, Dr. M.
I may not travel to Arkansas for a dentist appt (like the aforementioned hairdresser does) but whenever I call and give my name, the receptionist instantly remember who I am, my son's name and can instantly recall how long since my last visit!  And she doesn't even make me feel badly for my absence.  Anyhow, it feels like family in my dentist office and makes the visits bearable.  Alexander is going to see the children's dentist in the same office.  Funny story - when I was pregnant and Eric and I were debating names for our son, I had a dentist appointment.  The dental hygeniest was telling me a story about her 2 boys, one named Alexander.  Of course, I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with the name and it jumped to the top of our non-existent short list.  So, J the dental hygeniest, thanks for the name suggestion.  It's a good thing Dr. M has two boys to put through college because I don't know what I will do when he retires.

My OB/GYN, Dr. G
When I had my first appointment with her, I told her she was going to deliver my children.  I was 20.  She delivered Alexander.  I was 35.  When I called her during labor and demanded the epidural, she spoke to the nurse and it was done.  Need I say more? 

 Who would you follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?