Saturday, August 3, 2013

End of the blogging chapter

It's time to say goodbye to blogging.  It turns out that I don't need a space to write out my thoughts.  Ever since Dad died, I find myself talking about my thoughts with the loved ones in my life and there is little need to write them out.  This was an awesome place for me in the time that I needed it.  I simply don't need it any longer.

I will continue to write on Alexander's blog, as infrequent as that may be.  The reality is Instagram (munsonm) and Facebook are my chosen form of social media and blogging is falling by the wayside. 

Thank you to those who followed or checked in on my little online journal over the past few years.  The blog was an outlet during a time when I was less than happy in a job that didn't fit me, when I struggled to deal with a dying parent, and felt a lot of pressure to be the support for so many people.  It turns out in the past 8 months, I have learned to let others (most importantly, my husband) take care of me and let go of so many unrealistic expectations and standards.  I have learned to let the love of friends and family flood over me and I'm ok with my own weakness as I grieve, discover life in my 40's, and transition to this next chapter in my life. 

While one of Dad's favorite sayings was "Never Had a Better Day", I don't know that I can agree with the sentiment any longer.  Each day brings its own challenges.  Each day brings its own joy and laughter.  Each day brings a degree of sorrow.  I'm learning to take each experience as it comes.  I'm learning to walk through it, process it, and determine how to weave it into my own world.
I'm learning who Michelle is and it turns out, I kinda like her.

Life is too short for me to continue to write and leave my thoughts in cyber space.  I want to build relationships and connect with the loved ones in my life.  And that means telling people what I think face to face, not hide behind the written word in cyber space.  I want to look them in the eyes and hold a conversation so he/she feel as though they are the most important person to me.  Just like Dad used to do.  That is my commitment. 

It is time for me to disconnect in order to reconnect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?