Monday, May 7, 2012

invasion of the body snatcher...and they left me with this?

I am pear shaped.  I accept it.  I own it.  I recognize it.  It's who I am.

I am hyper aware of my weight battle.  After 40 years, if I didn't know I had issues, than I'm an idiot. The only time I might have been an idiot was that one summer when I gained 70 lbs in Alaska and ended the three month stint weighing a whopping 210 lbs.  That summer I might have been a little oblivious.  
 
If you forget that one summer, I really do get it.  I'm not that person who after gaining five pounds declares "I just don't know how that happened."  I know what happens.  For example, in college, I drank beer.  Beer = weight gain.  Make sense.  Example #2:  When I was pregnant, I gained weight because the parasite needed food.  Even if I didn't like the changes that were happening to my body, I knew why they were happening.  Truthfully, for nine months, there was freedom and I let myself eat whatever that little parasite wanted. 

But turning 40 has wrecked havoc on my metabolism and I'll be damned if I know how to fix it.

Someone has snatched MY body and left me with a 40 year old saggy, doughy, icky body.  Some shizz is happening and I don't like it!   The pear shaped body, that I recognize and know as my own, is slowly moving to an apple shape.  

I told you...shizz is happening and I don't like it!

The kicker is I can't figure out WHY it is happening. I watch what I eat.  I exercise. I drink plenty of water, eat a salad for lunch and dinner (with appropriate protein balance), and don't overindulge in sugars.  So, I'm not being an oblivious idiot.  I just can't figure out the why.

I may not have always like my body but at least it was mine.  This new one?  I haven't a clue what to do with it.  I'm not a big fan.

I read that your 40's can be some of the best years.

I suppose that is true...if you don't mind looking like an apple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?