Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quantifiable Feedback

I attended a workshop yesterday about servant leadership and character training.  IT. WAS. AWESOME.  It is everything (and more) that I want my student-leaders to have learned when they walk out my door at the end of the school year. 

Part of the program is challenging students to work daily on character traits.  As I sat and listened to the presenter, I started to reflect on which trait I need to work on...I know I need to work on most if I want my leadership to grow but how do I know which is my weakest? 

So, I thought I would start to ask people in my life for feedback.  I'm going to take a simple survey and give it to students and staff members in my building, family and friends in my life, and to you, my blog readers.  PLEASE BE HONEST!  I can only be a better person if people are honest with me.  My husband has taught me that golden rule (yes, he answered VERY honestly when I asked for his feedback!).  And you won't hurt my feelings because, after all, I'm the one asking for the feedback.  If I can't handle the answers, I never should have asked.

THE SURVEY
I want to let you know that I am committed to being the best blogger that I can be.  (The word "blogger" should be changed, based on who you are asking to fill this out).

In order to achieve this, I need you to do me a favor.  On a scale of 1-10 (1 being poor, 10 being excellent) could you tell me how I am doing?                    

Great, THANK YOU!  Now, tell me how I can be a 10.  Typically, people leave 1-3 comments so do what is comfortable for you.

If you want to take the survey, please leave your comment.  Or you can email me (chelle).  Or you can move on to the next blog on your list of blog readings and that's great too!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?