Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE Job

On Monday night, I accepted a new job.  I have a fancy new title and everything. I also get to wear this blue fuzzy, feather thing around my neck on spirit days.  Whenever I want.  Because I'm the ASB teacher and showing spirit is my job as a role model.  

If only they knew, how much I actually get a kick out of spirit days.  And wearing blue, fuzzy, feather things around my neck.


By Tuesday night, I was having nightmares that my boss fired me.  After 12 hours.  Gotta love self-doubt.

By Wednesday night, I couldn't turn my mind off.  But my old office has been emptied and I'm slowly moving into the new one.  I spent most of the day hugging happy staff members and cheering with excited ASB kids.  It was awesome.

Now, it's Thursday morning.  Really early Thursday morning. 

And I'm working at my kitchen table.  In my bathrobe.  Drinking my second cup of coffee.
I haven't even made a dent in my emails that have poured in over the last several days.  But I have a better idea of what my calendar looks like (the planner in me needs a calendar), I have several lists going (we all know how I love a good list), I found the immunization paperwork for Alexander (required for preschool), and I'm about to tackle my class syllabus (I'm teaching leadership instead of PE this year).

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love this new job.  I may never sleep again...but I am going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's so awesome! I was always part of leadership/ASB throughout school! In fact, Hubbs and I were our senior class' president & vice! Whoop whoop! :) really though, I always love the responsibilities and activities we were involved in. :) Now in school I'm studying Organizational Leadership... hmmm! A theme, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! How exciting :) I hope you can kick that self doubt in the butt!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?