Friday, April 8, 2011

Things I Learned While On Spring Break

Even though I loved the quote in my last post, I'm not quite sure wasting time is my thing.  Sure, it's great to lay on the couch in the middle of the afternoon and take a nap or watch a movie.  Lounging around is a much needed luxury during vacations.  And I've done a great job of lounging about every day this break.  However, I'm on day seven of spring break and I've learned a thing or two about myself this time around...
  1. Waking between 7 and 7:30AM is ideal, but the occasional 8:30AM wake up is awesome, too. 
  2. I eat and/or drink when I'm "bored".  This is not a new revelation but apparently, from the size of my arse, it is a habit that must be destroyed
  3. I love working out and wish I had more time during my busy life to do so.
  4. Speaking of working out, I've joined a Zumba club.  With my mother-in-law.  My first class is Saturday...you can bet that will make for a good post.
  5. In order to feel peace and balance, I need "Michelle" time, just as much as I need "mom" or "wife" time.  Although, time with this little bug has been wonderful!
He melts my heart!
Today's adventures include walking at the mall with the boys and Umma, a little shopping for me, a potential trip to IKEA for additional man-cave items for Dad, and an evening at home.  Sadly, the weather still isn't cooperating so I've given up hope of doing any yardwork. 

Oh, and a brief update on Daddio.  It's a day to day thing with the guy.  Last you heard, he was home from the ER with new meds.  The new meds are helping his blood pressure so that's good stuff.  Once he rids himself of a little pesky cough, he should be up and around.  We're all hoping he can start cardiac therapy next week and find his energy.  Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for my daddio!

Happy Weekend!



1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let us know how Zumba's going. I've been thinking of doing a class soon. Glad your Dad's a little better!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?