Sunday, August 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

Hmmmm...what happened this weekend that was so exciting?  Oh, I remember. 

The Cousin Reunion.  Part Deux.

My mom's side of the family has a family reunion the third weekend of July.  For as long as I can remember, the date has never changed. We've shown up to state parks, muddy water pits in Mossyrock, awesome camp sites in Oregon, Cannon Beach, and backyards to spend the weekend together. We held it at our house this year and, for whatever reason, most of the family couldn't make it that weekend. Those who could showed up at our house and we had a delightful afternoon. However, Amy and Matt had to leave early, deflating a little of the fun balloon when they left. My generation enjoy playing together so much that we decided to have another reunion...this weekend! Alexander and I packed the truck, picked up Ho-Ho Umma and drove to Marysville. 

Enjoying company...and a little bit of wine.

Amy, Kim and Kilynn.  The younger generation.

RJ and Ken happily discuss politics.

I don't think this is the tattoo Karolyn dreamed of having but she was a good sport about it!


More politics?  I sure hope not!

Lorelli and Alexander spent time coloring with one another.  For the life of me, I couldn't get my sweet niece to take photos with me. 
I tried a pouty face.  Nope.
I tried a happy face.  Nope.
So I gave up and started trying to make this little face grin instead.  And oh, how she loved the camera!
Within minutes, Sydnee and Alexander were grinning for the camera.

With the sun pouring down on us, the kiddie pool became Alexander's favorite place to hang out.  He'd get in, swim, and hop out.  I'd dry him off and within 20 minutes, he'd want back in again. 
We started reminiscing about former reunions where it wouldn't take much before my dad would hop into a kiddie pool.  Since Dad wasn't able to join us, John said he'd take one for the team, in Dad's honor.

Finally, Sydnee had enough of the water and cuddled up with Grandma. 


Sadly, all good things must come to an end and it was time to pack up and head home.
Within 20 minutes of the drive, this is what we glimpsed in the back seat.

Unfortunately, my body hated everything I ate and I woke up at 1AM, puking my guts out.  It turns out that carb overloading after eating nothing but salads and lean protein for two months isn't a smart move.
So, if we end up having a Cousin Reunion, Part Three...I'm packing a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?