Wednesday, March 13, 2013

random fever-induced thoughts

In order to keep up with the latest commitment to update my blog at least once a week, here I am.

It's Wednesday.  I don't have a lot of coherent thoughts going on.  I think the fever I kicked in a sweaty mess at 2AM on Tuesday is back.  And my throat hurts so bad, I'm convinced I swallowed a handfull of razorblades.  It's really ridiculous. 

I'm waiting for a couple of pictures to upload to share. 

One is on my non-smart phone so I am waiting for it to upload it to email from the phone.  From there, I have to download it to the laptop and then pull it to the blog.  It's a ridiculous process. 
The backstory to the photo is I joined the elementary school PTSA this fall.  Since Eric is volunteering at the school and both my parents were fancy-pants PTSA volunteers, I felt the pressure to join in.  So, after a few glasses of wine, I replied to an email and volunteered to work on the auction.  I figured it would be an easy way to ease my way into PTSA land. 
 
 Holy Mother of All Commitments. 
 
 I'm certain, with time, it won't feel so awkward to hang out with these ladies.  Thank goodness, I can use the experience as teachable moments with my ASB'rs as examples of having to break out of your comfort zone and meet new people. 
Meeting new people is really good for you....as long as it is happening to someone other than me.
Anyhow, today was a half day at school so a few of my kids opted to help me make a couple of advertising posters.  I decided to make one, too.
 
insert photo
 
Turns out, in the 24 years since I had to make posters for ASB, there has been limited improvement.

The other picture is this one.
Even though I'm the parent who is the "talker", Eric is definitely the parent who walks the walk.
When he heard that Alexander was struggling with grieving, Eric stopped by the local library yesterday and picked this up for Alexander and I.
 
It was the sweetest gesture.  Ever.
 
Eric is kind of on a roll with sweet gestures.
The cold I have now was given to me by him.  He had this miserable cold over the past few weeks.
No, I'm not being sarcastic and alluding that the kind gesture was him giving me a cold.
 
It turns out I'm not only a terrible patient, but I'm also a terrible caretaker. 
 I simply don't like taking care of sick people.
Even though I went out and got him juice while he was sick, he one-upped me and bought me chicken noodle soup.
I don't even like chicken noodle soup.
Knowing this, he bought me not just any chicken noodle soup.
But, what I have to say, is THE BEST I have ever tasted.
Seriously.
BEST ever.
(the Lobster Bisque rocks, too)
 
Eric - 2;  Michelle - a big fat 0
 
Ok, I can't wait any longer for that stupid photo to upload to email. 
 
For now, it's time for me to crawl my feverish, whiney self back into bed. 
Poor me.
I really am a terrible patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?