Monday, December 10, 2012

christmas spirit

The holiday spirit week at school has ended, and I'm looking forward to the holiday break!
 
10 days and counting!!
 
I didn't think I'd really be in the holiday mood this year.  Dad's been gone two months and I just can't imagine Christmas without him.
 
 Only it's kinda hard to ignore the holiday season when your students have hung up a 2 story tall "holiday tree" and gingerbread house in the library/commons area of the school.

 
Yep, that's how we do it.
Go big or go home.
 
Did I mention the community also raised $800.00 in loose change and delivered more than 6500 canned food items to the local food bank?
 
Yep, that's how we do it.
 
Now it is a matter of walking through the next seven days until winter break.
 
Thanks to Amazon and the local Fed Ex guy, most of my Christmas shopping is done and I did it all from the comfort of my own home! 
 
I don't have a lot of plans for the two week break.
I bet I spend a lot of time hanging out with these guys during the days,
 
and watching this new guilty pleasure at night.
 
 
I'm hoping to sleep in, eat and drink too much, and walk off what I can with girlfriends who are available to spend a few hours with me.
 
It will be a different sort of Christmas for us this year.
 
And that's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?