Sunday, January 2, 2011

January Goals

Despite setting all of two resolutions (I'm such the overachiever, right?), I still plan to set goals for each month.  It is an interesting process from creation to completion in goal setting.  They sit in the back of my mind, I'm accountable to no one but me for their completion, and yet, I still want to make them.

December goals evaluation:
1. Write Christmas letter, print Christmas cards and address all the envelopes before December 20.  CHECK!  Thank you Snapfish, Eric for watching the boy one afternoon, and the UPS store for being open late so I could purchase stamps!

2. Figure out what to do for additional Christmas decorations for our house.
Kinda done?  I did one little project but other than that, the house was still lacking in holiday cheer.

3. Mail a personal card to a family member or friend at least once a week.  Hmmm...I think I did this one.  I sent a Hanakauh card, Christmas cards, and a get well card.  And Christmas presents. 

4. Stay on Weight Watcher points over the holiday break and commit to sticking to my points at every holiday event!  Did I really think this was realistic?  Ha!

5. Run 4 times over winter break.  Again....realistic?  I did 10 days of the 30 day Shred and that was good

6. Recommit to update our finances and stay on budget in 2011- using budget spreadsheet.  I should move this to January goals...

7. Plan Alexander's birthday party, including the purchasing of all supplies. CHECK!
 
January Goals:
 
1.  Recommit to staying on budget.  No extra spending for me.
2.  Wake up at 5AM to work out until I complete the 30 day Shred program.
3.  Run once a weekend.  And sign up for the half marathon in May.
4.  Be in bed by 9PM (if I'm not supervising an evening event with school) so I'm not as tired at work or at home..
5.  No alcohol during the week.  Oh boy.  That's a big challenge!  My liver will thank me.
6.  Call the kidney donor center about donation of kidney to Dad.
7.  No cheating on WW points so I can be down 5 lbs by the end of the month.
 
What do you like about goal setting?  If you don't do it, I challenge you to try it in the new year!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, a couple of girlfriends and I are thinking about doing the Love Em or Leave Em Valentine's 5k! My arse will certainly be kicked and I won't be able to run it all but it would be fun to meet!!! Think about it? :0)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?