Saturday, September 24, 2011

Book Review - Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter

Book Review - Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter

I enjoyed it.  It is based in the PNW which made it a fun read because I could picture the locations. 
The main character is a weathly woman, happily married with three little girls who discovers her inner resilence when faced with financial crisis.  When I say wealthy, I mean WEALTHY.  It was humorous to read about income levels that I have never, or will ever, experience in my lifetime. 
I just don't know rich people!!

This book was an easy read.  The type of book that is easy to blow through and requires little thinking.   Yet, there was a deeper message if you choose to find it.  I really like books that make me think so I was surprised when I found myself asking myself questions like:

Do I know the details of our current financial status?  YES
Do I know the details of our future financial status?  YES
Do I have the skills necessary to keep our family afloat if we did face financial crisis?  YES

In my opinion, every woman should ask themselves these questions and be able to say yes. 

I'd say this is a good vacation read or simple weekend read. 
I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?