Sunday, September 18, 2011

roller coaster week

As predicted, last week was crazy busy.  It was one of those weeks where I didn't have time to reflect on an event because I had to pivot and face the next thing.  Meeting after meeting.  Back to School night. Endless stream of students in my office throughout the days.  Dad was in the hospital.  Friday night football tailgate, game and dance. 
I literally felt like I was on a roller coaster.


Whoa, Michelle, what's that you said? 

Dad was back in the hospital?  Yep.  Blood pressure was low on Tuesday for no apparent reason so the docs put him in the hospital overnight to be observed.  He is home now and feeling better. 
With this last trip to the hospital, Dad decided it was time to stop announcing the high school football games.  For the first time since I was in high school (almost 25 years), Dad's voice wasn't booming through the speakers.  It was weird.  Super weird.  Even one of my high school friends said it was like going to the first Mariner game without Dave Niehaus announcing.    

It is definitely the right decision, even if it hurts.  The entire community supports Dad and will miss him.  I was asked over and over again how my dad was doing, if there was anything they could do for him, and was told everyone is praying for his health.  I fully admit that I was an emotional mess but one thing was clear:  Liberty's got your back, Daddio.  No doubt about it.

Thankfully, the weekend has been much calmer than the past 7 days.  I think I've slept 26 hours since I walked in the door Friday night.  We've watched the final episodes of Glee: Season 2.  I've cleaned, done laundry and basically hunkered down at home.  

I think the roller coaster has leveled out.
For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?