Sunday, December 4, 2011

random acts of christmas kindness (ROACK)

My super awesome Aussie friend Sarah came up with the idea of doing a random act of kindness for twenty-five days.  My first thought?  "Yes, please!".  Sarah's one of the Seven Strong (read about them here) and is one of the most compassionate, caring, generous people...I have never met.  Right now, one of the seven is especially on my mind, as she spends her days at the Children's Hospital in Texas, fighting with doctors for what is best for her young son, Cael.  You can read about Liz and Cael here

Sarah's vision is for everyone to participate in a Random Act of Christmas Kindness in the days leading up to Christmas.  No grand gestures or acts are necessary.  Just think about being kind.  Here's what I've done:

Day 1
Gave 1 month's worth of lunch money to the school coin drive, which will be donated to the local food bank.
Day 2
Gave a poinsettia to my ASB bookkeeper, whose infinite knowledge keeps me from making mistakes and getting fired.
Day 3
Alexander and I helped a mom carry out a HUGE order of food from the gluten-free bakery to her car so she wouldn't have to make multiple trips in the cold.
Day 4
Alexander and I are going to bake cookies for my ASB kids, who spent all day Saturday decorating the school for Snowcoming.

Pretty simple gestures that go a long way to make someone else feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?