I haven't exactly been...uh, committed to a healthy lifestyle.. I've been saying for the past six months that I want to lose the last 5 lbs of pregnancy weight. If I'm completely honest, it's more like 10...11...12 lbs that need to go before I'm back at pre-pregnancy weight. Ugh. When did that happen? I should know better than to allow myself to carry that extra weight. I'm a PE teacher, for crying out loud! It is embarrassing to be so big when I'm in a job that is all about health and fitness.
How hard can it be to lose 12 lbs and get myself back into shape? I did it in 2000 and kept that weight off for six years. I know exactly what to do, how to do it, why I should do it, and yet, I'm choosing to be lazy and make excuses. I have always struggled with body image. I imagine I always will. But I hate carrying this extra weight and I want it over.
I am running but no more than 3 times a week. And I haven't been to Curves in two months (I did work out at Curves today and was measured for the first time in 2 months. The numbers are not good - not good AT ALL.). How embarassing to admit that I'm the woman paying for a gym membership but never goes!
My Goal: Work out 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day.
- Continue running on my prep, every other day, for 20-30 minutes. This will vary from 2 - 3 times a day.
- Run/walk with a friend once a weekend
- Alternate days at Curves with my running days
My Goal: Reinstate Weight Watchers program since it works for me
- Write down every, single thing that I eat during a day
- Drink a full 32 oz water bottle before I leave school at 2:30.
- Do not eat after 6 PM.
- NO MORE SNACKING (damn near impossible with Eric and toddler but will do my best)
Realistically, if I lose 1-2 lbs a week, I should have this done in six to eight weeks...just in time for our trip to Arizona/Disneyland!
Wish me luck...and be prepared to