Sunday, July 18, 2010

The calm before the storm

I'm sitting on my couch.  Laptop in front of me.  Bethenny Getting Married? on  TV.  An exhausted toddler in bed and a patient-with-his-party-animal-wife husband playing on the computer upstairs.

Today, we are all taking it easy.  The whirlwind party circuit has come to an end.  And we are in need of some serious down time.

The family reunion was a smashing success.  The yard looked as good as possible with imminent construction on the horizon.  The house was clean and there was plenty of space of folks to hang out.  It was our pleasure to host and we hope everyone had a wonderful time.

My mom, her cousins with Uncle Dick(97) and Aunt DeeGee(92)

The young uns with the elders

Once we rest up, I'll start prepping to leave on Thursday morning for leadership camp.

For now, I'm going to enjoy Bethany and Jason's honeymoon in St Bart.  And worry about leadership camp tomorrow.

1 comment:

What say ye?