Here's a quick update - bullet-style.
- Jen's visit on Thursday was awesome. No one but Jen would drive from Portland to Seattle just to hang out for less than 24 hours to have dinner with an ol' college friend and then drive back early the next morning.. She's awesome like that. Alexander loved playing trains with her. I loved having the girl time and going out to dinner with her, and Eric liked that someone was here to keep me entertained. I just wish the visit could have been longer! Next time.
- The foundation guy didn't show up yesterday, as planned. I'm not really sure why 1) he is so flaky and 2) why we are choosing someone who is so flaky to dig/pour/lay our foundation. He has a solid reputation (I'm a tad skeptical about that reputation!). Hopefully, we'll have some progress soon. Knowing my luck, they'll start digging in the ground the day before we host the family reunion!
- The first day of our garage sale was a success. The temperatures hit 95 so I wouldn't say we had a huge crowd but we did well. Tomorrow, the temps drop so we suspect we'll see more faces. Regardless, at the end of it all, everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) goes to the local Goodwill. It feels so good to purge this house of unused items!
- Eric mowed the lawn and did some weed wacking so the yard no longer looks like a bunch of hill billies have moved in. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to finish the rest of the weed wacking before we host Dad's bbq on Sunday but that's ok. Like I told my cousin, family loves you, despite the state the yard is when they drive up. Or something like that. I certainly hope it holds true!
- But next week, after my brother leaves and things settle down, I'll tackle the yard. And deep clean the house. Cause we have another party next Saturday. You know which party. The big family reunion that I haven't attended in years/ The one that is never at someone's house but always at a campground, condo, or other nice location, The one that has my mom's ENTIRE family rolling up and hangin out at my house. Yea. That one. Needless to say, some serious cleaning and yardwork ass-kicking will be happening next week. It's a good thing I love a party!
- And THEN I'll start thinking and planning for leadership camp and leaving my boys for 8 days. Oy. I can't EVEN BEGIN to think about that right now.