Thursday, March 24, 2011

Approaching Burn-out

It's March.  For all teachers, March is a VERY long month in the school year.  And dreary days in the NW don't help.   

I'm feeling burn-out.  I'm feeling short-tempered, impatient, and the urge to crawl into bed and not surface for days. 

google image

I love my job.  I really do.  But the twelve hour days are catching up with me.  Even my own Prince Charming commented on how dark the bags are under my eyes. 

I'm worried if I don't figure out how to balance my job with the real world, I am going to burn-out. 

Have you ever burned out of a job?  What do you wish you had done differently?  

If I don't figure something out, I don't have a chance of surviving the rest of the year, let alone another fifteen years in this job!




2 comments:

  1. Hi! New here! I wonder all the same things... but then I realize if I were really burnt out I wouldn't be spending so much time on my blog!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only imagine the 12 hour days piling up!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?