Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update on The Dad

Even though Dad is battling a nasty bout of hives (reaction to a new medication) these days, he is doing VERY well.  He is resting, he is reading his mail, he is napping (A LOT), and slowly finding his energy again.  A huge thanks to everyone who has called or left positive comments for me in the past week.  Your words help.  Believe me.

After I wrote my last post, Alexander and I (Eric was home sick) finally saw Dad in person.  And I spent the first 15 minutes of our visit, curled in Dad's lap.  Sobbing.  Then, we just hung out.  Dad said to me, "today is your Wed and Thursday of last week when everyone else was worried.  Just let it be".  So, I did just that.  Alexander and I visited again on Monday night (I probably cried again) but gave them a break from us on Tuesday.

I'm feeling a bit more grounded in my thoughts about everything.  I've processed.  I've cried.  And I'm ok.  We're all ok.

Except for this blasted head cold!!   Alexander had it before we went on vacation so he's doing fine.  Eric and I are a different story.  Both of us have head colds, complete with sneezing, congestion and the start of chest coughs.  Dumb airplane air.

I don't have time to get sick, people!  I can't afford to fall behind at work.  Please send positive vibes that I can make it through the week and tag-team with Eric for rest over the weekend.  We both need a low-key weekend at home.  And that's just what we have planned.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?