Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Book Review - Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand


I do love me a biography.  And this one certainly doesn't disappoint. 
The book follows the life of Louis Silvie Zamperini, a cheerful and charasmatic individual.  The book travels from his wild childhood through his years of training for a stint at the 1936 Olympics (can't help but realize how ironic it was that he shook hands with Hitler), his incarceration during WWII as a Prisoner of War and his struggle to survive the aftermath. 

The story is incredible.  The writing is vibrant.  And the characters belong in a movie on the big screen.
There were moments when it became too heavy for me and my heart broke for what this man experienced at the hands of his enemies.  He couldn't escape from his past and astoundingly, found inner peace that led to a life of service leadership.

Incredible.

Underlying it all is the character of Lous Zamperini. 
Resilience.
Strength.
Service.

I am pretty sure I would have loved the chance to have a cup of coffee with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?