Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear Weekend...

...so glad you are here!  What a fun weekend it is cooking up to be!

Today you are bringing me a pedicure with a girlfriend, new hair color and a shopping extravaganza.  What that really equates to is Michelle time!  Woo-Hoo!

Tomorrow brings a run in the morning, nice weather for yard work, and then date night with hubby.  We've decided to go shopping for new running shoes for both of us, go out to dinner, and then home to start watching Dexter together.  Yes, we know this isn't the most exciting of dates but we've commited to no cell phones and no computers.  That's pretty huge for us!  Plus, there isn't a movie out there that appeals to us.  Snuggling on the couch does!

And Sunday...oh, dear Sunday!  Just thinking of you makes me giddy with joy.  Not only is this the day I will be celebrating thirteen wonderful years with my hubby BUT I'll also be celebrating with this guy.
Oscar.
Oh, how I love this guy.  Oh, how I love the Academy Awards.  Oh, how I love sitting on the couch, curled up under a blanket, wine glass in hand, watching an award show about movies I never saw and celebrities wearing outfits I can never afford!   
This is a tradition that dates back to college days and sitting on the couch with my sorority sisters, being caddy, rude, and laughing hysterically.  When college ended and I lived with my bf, Chelle (yes, my bf's name was the same as mine!), we would dedicate an entire day to the event.  Shopping for food and beverages occured the day before.  We'd turn the phone off and just sit and watch.  And be caddy, rude, and laugh hysterically together.

When I got married, the tradition continued but a little differently.  Kate and I would talk on the phone during the show.  Being caddy, rude, and laughing hysterically.

Somehow, I don't think my boys are going to participate with me but they have commited to giving Mommy her time with Oscar.  With my phone and FB chat open to dissect every outfit, hairdo, and accesory imaginable during the event.  Anyone willing to be caddy, rude, and laugh hysterically with me!?

Thanks, Weekend, for giving me so much to look forward to. 
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?