Tuesday, March 2, 2010

True Story Tuesday

In celebration of our upcoming anniversary, this True Story Tuesday entry will be about marriage and my wonderful hubby.

I was 20 years old when Eric and I went on our first date.  The day after our date, I called my auntie and told her I found the man I would marry.  That was 18 years ago, this July.

True Story.

Eric and I broke up for 2 years.  I dated other people.  He didn't.  He says he should have.  I knew he wouldn't.

True Story.

Eric and I may be complete opposites in personalities but he balances me better than anyone else in my life. 

True Story.

The hardest time in our marriage has been since Alexander was born.  Once you've been married 10 years, you know each other pretty well and words aren't always necessary.  However, in the last 3 years, words have become a necessity as we forge this path called parenthood.  At least we're doing it together, even if we don't always have the right words.

True Story.

Eric is a stay-at-home dad and I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate all he does for us.

True Story.

2 comments:

  1. This was the sweetest True Story Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I also knew right away that I was going to marry my husband. =)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?