Friday, June 24, 2011

Learning to love green tea

google image
So, I hate tea.  Iced tea.  Hot tea.  Long Island Iced Teas.  There was a phase when, out of total desperation, I choked down raspberry iced tea for a few months.  A friend told me it helped her get pregnant and after three years of infertility, I was willing to try any crazy tricks.  For what it is worth, it totally worked.  Ok, I think it was actually the thyroid meds that led to pregnancy but I like my Raspberry iced tea story better.

Eric and I are continuing to follow the 17 Day Diet.  We help keep each other accountable in the hopes of a healthier us.  We're in the second cycle and it is wonderful doing this together...probably because he does all our cooking and is much more creative than I am with food!  It isn't a terrible diet to follow but we miss eating out and having cocktails.  We certainly don't miss the weight we have lost!

Anyhow. 

By far, the worst part of the diet is drinking green tea.  Three times a day.  Blach.  Blach.  Blach.  Three times a day.  As you can imagine, it's the worst part of the day for me.  But I'm learning to like the stuff.  Ok, that's a reach.  I'm not actually liking it at all.  I'm simply drinking the stuff and trying not to dread it.  I don't know that I'll ever like it.  But a girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do.

If you drink green tea, I'd love any brand suggestions or tricks for making it taste less like dirt and more like sweet heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?