Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What are YOU reading?

I asked this question on Facebook last night.  I finished the Game of Thrones series (excellent!) so I needed something new to read.  The only books on my nightstand are education-related books and I am NOT reading those during the summer!  I'm a self-admitted book freak who must have at least 8 books in her library queue to look forward to and, right now, that queue needs some filling! 

Turns out I'm not the only book freak out there!  Take a look at this great list!

Darkfall by Dean Koontz
The Help by Kathryn Stockett *
The Pact by Jodi Piccoult
Pioneer Woman
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick**
The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins *
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls*
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness **
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden*
A Good Earth by Pearl Buck**
Pillars of Earth by Ken Follett*
World Without End by Ken Follett *
Captivating by John Eldredge
Two Kisses for Maddy by Matthew Logelin
Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah**
The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom **
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen*
The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
Violets of March by Sarah Jio(local author!)
BossyPants by Tina Fey *
Boleyn Trilogy *
The Red Queen and the White Queen by Philippa Gregory
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
Shangai Girls by Lisa See **
Fortytude by Sarah Brokaw **

*  I've read it and highly recommend 
** I haven't read it but put it on my library list 

WHAT ARE YOU READING?

google image

1 comment:

  1. LOVED The Help! Can't wait to see the movie (and read the book again!) And I'm not an avid reader. I also loved Firefly Lane... I love to read about local places. I read another one of hers last fall and plan to read more of hers.

    Hope you're enjoying your summer! If we ever stay above 70? These dang clouds need to LIFT because this girl is NOT cut out for humidity! YUUUCK!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?