Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blogging 411

So, I'm days late in linking up with  Becky but a Princess Party got in my way!



1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
I started blogging in 2007.   My friend Kate started a blog and I fell in love with the idea of an online journal.  I realized  I could use it as a way to show off my son's photos to family without clogging up inboxes. So I started Life with Alexander.  I also wanted a way for my husband to chronicle events that I would miss when I went back to work that fall.  I started my own blog in 2009 when I wanted a place just for me.  Maintaining two blogs is time consuming but I really enjoy it.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I went to Washington State University. I changed majors seven times and finally landed on education.

3. Where have you traveled?
Italy, France, Caribbean, New York, Washington DC, Florida, Arizona, California, Oregon, Hawaii, Alaska, Nevada

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A new (used) car.  And then I would hire someone to finish all the house projects that are partially completed!

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
When someone doesn't use please/thank you, when people don't RSVP, when someone won't take accountability for his/her actions

6. What is your favorite movie?
Fast and the Furious, Finding Neverland and any Disney movie that allows me to cuddle on the couch with my son

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Captain and Diet Coke.  Every time.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Lay on the couch and watch TV.  Reality TV is a plus but if I can't find a show to watch, I'll pull One Tree Hill or 90210 up on Netflix and settle in for mindless entertainment!

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
Nordstroms

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I've been racking my brain for an embarassing moment.  I truly think I have blocked all of them out!

11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day I found out I was pregnant

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
Sandra Bullock

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Subway, Blockbuster, Temp secretarial work

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Australia/New Zealand!
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.

17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Still married and in the same home (with completed home projects) with the same job.  Eric will be back to work so we'll be back to a double income (!).  Alexander will be in 4th grade so I'll be on the PTSA, making small talk with other moms, attempting to play a role in the PTSA political game. 

1 comment:

  1. Love learning more interesting facts about my favorite daughter-in-law.

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?