Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weight Watcher Weigh In - Week 1

Sunday is my weigh in day. 

Clarification and a little history of Michelle and WW:  
 I don't attend meetings.  In 2000, I recieved all the paperwork and information from my mom (who is a lifetime member).  I lost and kept off 20 lbs for six years.  Alexander was born in 2007 and I have carried an extra 10 lbs ever since.  In the past few months, I floated up to where I was in 2000 and I have had enough.  So, here begins my journey with Weight Watchers.  Once again.

In 2010, the program changed to PointsPlus.  I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the new plan but I want the old plan.  It works for me.  I spent time online to see if I could find it and voila, I found an awesome website to help me on my journey.


People have told me WW won't work without meetings.  I suppose the support is helpful, the accountability of checking in is helpful, and you do have access to WW snacks and tools.
I just can't justify the cost of the meetings when I KNOW I can do this on my own.

Week 1.
How did it go?

Well, I lost 5.2 pounds!

 Most of it is water weight and I don't expect to lose more than 2 pounds a week. 
But I feel this was a great start and encouragement to keep going!

Challenges during the week:

1.  Drinks with Ryan on Monday.  Alcohol can suck the points away before I realize it so I planned accordingly.  Only two drinks and I still went over my alloted amount of points but didn't beat myself up over it.  Next time, I'll choose something other than beer!

2.  I realized when we have guests or at social events, cocktails are a natural go-to drink. 

 We had guests on Tuesday, Wed, Fri and Sat.  That's a whole lot of alcohol points that I had be aware and plan for!  I did it but it was a challenge.  Next week there are only two social events planned so I should be able to avoid the alcohol pitfall.

3.  Choosing a variety of healthy foods to avoid eating the same thing over and over again. I love routine but I'll binge if I don't find variety.  This will be an ongoing battle as the weeks pass.

4.  The 3:00 witching hour.  This is the hour I want to snack!  I have to make sure I allot points for that time.  If I deny myself the snack, I will binge eat at night.  So, I'm going to try almonds, pretzels and veggies this next week.

My energy level is good.  My attitude is one of commitment and willpower.  And I have a strong support system with Eric, my friends and family.

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?