Which leads me to today's blog post. 10 reasons why I am not perfect. I accept every single one of things as me. Maybe I'll do another list on another day as to why I am pretty great but let's be real. No one is perfect.
1. I use the F word. A LOT. And I love it.
2. My house is typically messy. Right now, there is clutter all over the kitchen counters, the island, and the floor needs to be swept.
3. I am forever and always consumed by the thought of food. My emotions determine what I eat. But I do try to not let Alexander see this obsession because I know it is very unhealthy. Doesn't stop me from stepping on the scale every morning and having my weight determine my mood, though.
4. I am very quick to make snap judgements of other people. And the snap judgement is usually about what a person is wearing, how their hair looks, or how bad/good their make up is.
5. I do not spend enough time playing with my son. Instead, I let him watch cartoons while I blog or read. I'm definitely not Parent of the Year when it comes to spending time with my child. And I could never be a stay at home parent.
6. I am not always nice to my hubby. I attack him when I'm upset over something and that's not nice. Thankfully, after 15 years of marriage, the guy is pretty used to it and can snap me out of it in a matter of minutes. Which is why I love him.
7. I'm catty and I like to gossip. Especially after having a couple of cocktails. I'm pretty sure I could be a Real Housewife...which is why I love that show.
8. I'm brutally honest. This is not always a bad thing and those who know me well, know that the honesty comes from my heart. But I am learning that I have to soften my tone at work and that is really hard for me to do.
9. I'm bossy, have a Type A personality and want to be in control. Always. This can also be a source of contention between hubby and me.
10. I hate being 40 and getting old. In my head, I'm anywhere between 28-32, or even 16 again. But I definitely am not embracing getting older. Someone told me my 40's would be great. They lied.
There you have it. The UnPerfect Me. Love it or leave it.