Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slow Internet Connection

I love that my husband is a computer techie.  I love that I don't have to call a 1-800 number to troubleshoot an issue; I just yell "ERIC" at the top of my lungs.  And then he patiently walks me through the issue. And I love that this is his passion and has been since I've known him. 

Tonight our internet connection is SLLLLOOOOWWW!  Abnormally so.  I blame this on Eric's new computer he put in upstairs.  Granted, he bought the new case because the old one was SO LOUD and he became tired of me yelling "ERIC" at 2AM when the damn thing woke me up (yes, he stays up that late gaming, every night).  But everytime he puts together a computer, something is messed up.  He says its the internet itself tonight.  I'm not convinced. While I love his new and improved much quieter computer, and look forward to sleeping without the loud racket of the former computer, I am not loving the kinks that come with the installation.  I miss a fast internet connection.  I know he'll fix it because it is affecting his gaming tonight.  But it is irrittating.

And now he's talking about upgrading the computer that is hooked up to our big screen TV.  Imagine the TV screen as the monitor for your computer.  Through this computer, we have the Blu-Ray DVD player and download movies from netflix as well as surf the net, if we choose.  I'd hate to think of the kinks that might result of him re-doing THAT computer.  But more harddrive space would be nice so I'm sure we'll be buying a new computer in the next two weeks.

So, let's do a little math.  That's one computer in our bedroom that Eric games on.  A second computer in our bedroom that has Itunes and old files on it that he needs to crash but just surfs on while he games.  A third computer in the living room that is hooked to the TV.  And my laptop.

And yet, the internet isn't moving any faster than it was 15 minutes ago.  No matter how many computers it has to run through.

Oh well.  I still love my computer techie.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?