Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where did the Weekend Go?

It's Sunday night.  The Saints have pulled off their big Super Bowl win.  The house is empty of guests, the dishwasher is running, and we're watching cartoons on NickJr.

And I'm exhausted.  I have no idea where the weekend went or what we did.

I think...
I went out with my high school friends on Friday night and got home around 3AM. 

I think...
I drank a lot of beer, laughed at old memories, and ignored the cold symptoms that grew stronger as the night wore on.

I think...
Alexander and I spent Saturday (once Mommy pulled it together enough to get out of bed) at Lorelli's 7th birthday party.  18 first graders.  And a three year old. 

I think...
I cleaned our house, did four loads of laundry, and grocery shopped.  All before noon.  And  THEN ran four miles with a girlfriend.  In the rain.

I think...
my family came over this afternoon to celebrate Lorelli's real birthday today.  We watched the Super Bowl (oh, when the saints...).  And ate WAY too much nummy food.

I think...
my cold progressed over the weekend and a sinus infection is settling in.  I need to kill it before we leave for AZ on Sunday.  Alexander has a cold too and I'm just hoping we don't end up with ear infections if we fly in our current state.

I know...
I'm ready for bed.  And it isn't even 8PM!
G'night.

2 comments:

  1. Weekends always go by too fast...except the ones I work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooooooo sad that you're going to be visiting the Grand Canyon state and we will not be seeing one another. Call me anyhow the SECOND you get here and maybe I can take a drive... you never know :)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?