Friday, June 18, 2010

Detoxing

Today's 7 mile run was brutal.  I have done this distance several times and I have never felt as terrible as I did today.  I was hungover.  I was dehydrated.  I was absolutely miserable.

Now granted, I did spend the past 3 days in a drunken "it's the end of the school year celebration" mode.  And since Mom's retirement party, I haven't rediscovered my Weight Watchers motivation.  So, I am to blame for my sluggish performance.  Bad food + Too much booze = Worse run of my life.


Therefore, for at least the next week before the half marathon, I'm going booze free.  I'm going to try going processed foods free, as well.  And drink loads of water to hydrate well before the run.

I may not improve my run time but good Lord, I have to feel better than I did today!

Happy Detoxing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?