Monday, June 28, 2010

Party! Party!


In the next three weeks, we are hosting two parties.

The first is my dad's birthday.  And my brother will be in town, too.  An added bonus, to be sure!
The second is a family reunion on my mom's side of the family. 

I love throwing a party. I love having people in my house, hearing their laughter, seeing their smiles, and feeling the love.  Despite my serious dislike of figuring out the menu and serving food, I must admit that with each party, the food part has become easier for me.  

Throwing a party this time of year is even more fun because I have loads of time for planning and shopping since I'm not working full time.

And I'll  have loads of time to 

1.  clean out the basement/guest room of all the junk we store in it and 
2.  organize and price everything for the garage sale (held the same weekend as party #1)
2.  cut down the overgrown bushes that have taken over since the last party - 3 weeks ago!
3.  take all the old clothes in the house to the local clothing bank
4.  make a dump run of old junk
5.  and do a final deep clean of the house before guests arrive.

It's going to be a busy couple of weeks!
Good thing I'm done detoxing - bring on the red wine!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?