Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween? No Thank You.

I can remember the last time I went trick or treating.  I was six.  At seven, I had the chicken pox, wasn't allowed to go out, and I never went out again.  I don't like chocolate so the candy was never appealing.  I don't like being cold so freezing in the dark never appealed to me.  And masks freak me out. 

Halloween?  No Thank You.

However, now that I have a child, I have to go trick or treating.  I still don't like it.  But I like my kid. 

In the meantime, while I countdown the minutes to the dreaded sunset, I have full day planned.
  • Dust and vaccuum
  • Loads of laundry
  • Clear out all the election flyers that have been cluttering up my house and clogging my mailbox (does anyone else DESPISE the damn things?)
  • Write six letters of recommendations
  • The Wire and Football with hubby
I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. ~Author Unknown
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. My parents took us trick or treating until I was about 10. Then one year they decided they felt convicted about the holiday and didn't agree with it. That was a huge bummer for us... we had the taste and it was taken away. Now that I'm grown and have the little tot... I think I'll be taking him trick or treating. They were some of my fondest childhood memories, I want him to experience it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I love Halloween! Hey, while you're cleaning your house... wanna come clean mine? It's scary. I mean, not Hoarders scary... but still kinda spooky! HA!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?