Thursday, October 28, 2010

Have you missed me?

I've had the stomach flu.  There really is nothing worse than the flu. 
I'd take childbirth over the flu.
Any day. 

This is actually me passed out after a night of drinking.  However, it is a fair representative of how I have felt the past few days.

I needed to be at work on Wednesday (one of those no-choice-had-to-be-there day) and wouldn't you know it?  The flu hit about midnight Tuesday night.  And it was BAD.  Violent.  Nasty.  All sorts of nastiness of which I shall spare you. 

But at 5AM, I pulled it together to shower and dress.  Remember, I HAD to go to work.  Even Eric agreed that I had to go and this is coming from the guy who looked for any excuse to miss work.  Granted, I didn't put make up on, I wore sweats, I didn't put my contacts in AND I sat on the floor to blowdry and straighten my hair.  All of that took TWO HOURS.  Yep, I was a mess.

I drove into school and walked into the main office.  I'm not sure who was even sitting in the office but they took one look at me and told me to go home.  Immediately.  To which I immediately burst into tears and told them I had to be there.  To which they responded with a message that shall not be repeated but definitely got the message across.  So, back home and back to bed I went.

Thankfully, I'm feeling better.  Sprite and mashed potatos are helping me survive (and put on the 5 lbs I lost).

I still feel guilty about missing Wednesday.  Not sure there is any food to help me get over that guilt.

  But I tried.  I really, really tried.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... I'm so sorry. The flu is the worst! I'd rather have a bad cold for a month than the flu! Ick! Hope you're better to take your little guy out by Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope you're feeling better now. I've been in that situation. Where you just HAVE to be there. And the stomach flu is the worst. I have never had kids, but I'm pretty sure I would choose child-birthing over the stomach flu 365 days of the year.

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?