Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekend Adventure for Mommy and Her Little Man

This weekend, Alexander and I are headed out of town!  My leadership camp group is meeting in Eastern Washington for our yearly fall planning meeting.  It happens to conicide on the same weekend that the high school volleyball team is playing in a tournament.  So, my little man and I are headed over the mountains to cheer on "Mommy's students" and to visit with "Mommy's friends".  I am not exactly sure how much volleyball we will watch due to a toddler's short attention span.  And I'm not really sure how either of us are going to manage without naps.  However, we're packing our bags and heading out. 

Sometimes, the best trips are those in which you have very little details planned.

WHOA!  Did I just say that?? 

I want to add that this is the first time that I will have someone watching him, who isn't family, for an extended period of time.  During the meeting on Sunday, there will be two high school students looking after all the kiddos.  Alexander will be the youngest of the group and I think he'll be ok.  Actually, I know he will be ok because 1) I have known the two girls since before I was pregnant and they will never let anything happen to my child and 2) he will love playing with the older kids. 

In the meantime, here is a picture of Alexander and I cuddling after his late nap yesterday. 

Man, those are some serious dark circles under my eyes! 
Since the kid never, ever cuddles I couldn't help but ask for a photo. 

Have a great weekend! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, have fun! I have friends camping in Leavenworth this weekend... brrrr! :) can I go to leadership camp???? Sounds like fuuuun! :)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?