Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunday...Monday...It's All a Blur

On the drive home from the Homecoming dance Saturday night, all I could think about was my bed.  My awesomely comfortable, warm bed that would provide rest and comfort to my weary soul.  By the time my mind stopped thinking of all the details from Saturday night, it was close to 1AM and my body and mind was exhausted. 

I have spent the past two days in a recovery fog, laying on the couch, in my pajamas.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't have done a thing on Sunday.  However, I had to meet my ASB kiddos on Sunday to clean up Homecoming dance decorations.  I asked Alexander if he wanted to go with me and his response was a resounding "YES" as he ran off to his room to dress himself.  His energy was infectious as he bossed kids around directed everyone in clean up jobs.  He decided his job would be to pop all 700 balloons with his big boy scissors and the kids were great about making sure he didn't stab himself.  Once that job was complete, he ran around the hallways with several students so I could freely oversee the rest of the clean up.  After an hour an a half, the school was transformed to a state of cleanliness and we all headed home to continue our recovery.

The next 24 hours were a blur, filled with sleep and mindless TV shows.  I took a 2 hour nap on Sunday when we returned from school.  I was in bed by 9 Sunday night.  I woke up this morning at 9.  I took a two hour nap at noon and when I awoke, I finally felt the fog had lifted.  I even took a shower and made it to Alexander's soccer practice.  I think I'm almost ready to face work tomorrow, too.

Homecoming week is a lot like Leadership camp week.  Long days on little sleep.
In 365 days, I'll willingly do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?