That being said, what are my goals for October?
- Settle into a routine and solid pace at work. Once Homecoming ends (this week!), I won't have as many plates to balance and the pace should slow down. I have to remember the school year is a marathon, not a sprint to the finish line. Right now, it feels like I'm interval training!
- I'd like to delve into the administrative pieces of my job. Having a better understanding will help me be a stronger member of the team.
- I will not log on to the computer on any date night with Eric for the entire month. We often sit and watch movies and I have never been able to sit still through a movie (possible adult onset of ADHD?)for years. So, I find myself logging on to the computer and surfing, rather than focusing on hanging out with Eric. It is a bad habit that I want to break.
- I have given up on running in the morning before work. So, my goal is to meet the girls from work, before school, twice a week to lift weights and hang out. Meeting this goal will not only make me feel better about working out but appeal to the social side of me, as well.
- Think before I commit to anything so I don't bail out on anyone. Ask myself questions like: Is the timing right? How will I feel, based on my schedule, when that day comes around? How will my boys be affected if I commit myself to this event? Is there another time that this event could work better for me and my family?
Have you thought about what you want to accomplish? I challenge you to set October goals for yourself TODAY!