Saturday, May 22, 2010

Only 3 miles but...

It may have been a short run at 3 miles but it felt like the hardest, longest run of my life.
And I'm about 99% sure my appendix burst at some point during the run.

There is a hill by our house.  I have had a goal in my head to run this hill before the half marathon.  Since the race is a month away, I figured today was the day.  The boys dropped me off at the bottom of the hill, I cranked the running music, and began the 3 mile trek home.

The first 1.8 miles was STRAIGHT UP.  My eardrums popped.  My hammies and glutes burned.  My lungs burned.  There were points when I felt I couldn't get any air into my lungs. And I'm pretty sure cars slowed down thinking they were going to have to pick up my body from the side of the road after I passed out from lack of oxygen.

But I didn't walk.  I might have been running at a pace where walking would have been faster but I was determined to run.  It might have felt like someone was stabbing me repeatedly in my side with each step but still, I ran.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the path leveled out.  And still I ran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?