Sunday, September 5, 2010

Baby On The Mind

Lately, I can't stop thinking about having another baby.  Seems like only yesterday that I spent my days, cuddling and napping on the couch with this little guy.
I miss having a baby in the house.



No, we are not having another baby.  I am not pregnant, nor do I have any plans to become so.

There are moments when "baby fever" sneaks up on me and I'm floored with the desire to have another baby.

 The three of us went to see Toy Story 3 last night.  The movie came out months ago and every time we saw a commerical, I cried.  Big crocodille tears.  So, it came as no surprise that I bawled like a baby throughout the movie.  Oh, I smiled, too.  And I laughed.  But, *spoiler alert*  for those of you who have seen it, and you know the ending where the toys are on the lawn with Bonnie and Andy...well, I bawled. 

Alexander starts preschool on Thursday.  My baby is going to school.  The beginning of a new chapter and of the three of us, I'm the least ready for the change.  

  I have to trust total strangers to make sure he wears his coat outside, doesn't eat peanuts, and teach him social skills.  Up until now, that has been my job. 

My job is changing.
Is it so wrong that I want another baby so I can have my job back?


3 comments:

  1. I think that feeling is a part of all us moms and stay with us....UNTIL WE BECOME A GRANDMA...then we get to love another baby like we did our own...it's really a great plan when you think about it..Thank you God!!! (love U)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bawled all throughout toy story three too... it was so darn sad!!

    Tator Tot is only six months old and I get baby fever here and there, some days I'm like, "yeah, I really want another baby, we could handle it" and other days I'm like "no fricken way, we still have a baby!!"

    Something about seeing a brand spanking new baby though... gets that baby fever spiked up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand! Babies stay babies for only so long. They love us. They can't say, "no". They could lay in your arms 24/7 and be content. They smell good. They are completely and totally ours. There is nothing wrong with that longing. My whole family knows that as soon as there is a baby within reach they are sitting in my arms. I am completely content. A friend of moms is going to Africa on a medical mission. She has no medical background so she is.... going to hospitals and holding babies whose mommies have dies from AIDS. I was so totally jealous! That would be my ultimate job. Go to a hospital and hold the babies that need cuddle time. What better way to lose a day? a week? a month?
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?