Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fall is

the smell of a woodstove burning.
In college, I realized the smell of a wood stove reminded me of home.   
Turns out, as an adult, the first whiff of a fall woodstove can still remind me of home.


weekends filled with football games. 
It starts on Friday night high school games.
And ends 48 blissful hours later.

cool, crisp days with the sun shining on my face.
Trees covered in bright oranges, yellows, and reds.
A slight breeze lifts the leaves from the limbs and the leaves dance in the sky as they fall to the ground.
Turns out dancing in the leaves with a toddler is pretty fun, too.

scented candles burning all day.

Today's selection: Ginger Pumpkin.
Seems I like to choose scents to match the seasons.
What is your favorite scent?

curling up on the couch to read a book, with football playing on the TV, knowing a nap is about 15 minutes away.
I'm reading Sacred Hearts by Sarah Duanant right now. 
Under a blanket, with the Seahawks on the TV.

Naptime.



PS   Rachel deserves full credit for today's post theme.  I really liked her post, happiness is....  So, I stole the concept. 
Imitation is the best form of flattery, right?

1 comment:

What say ye?