Monday, June 25, 2012

Rather than complain today

I went my endocronologist today.  I had to step on a scale.  A number came up that I haven't seen in years.  Wow.  I was prepared to write all about my weight gain angst but let's face it, who really wants to hear me complain about body issues?  If you know me, you know I will always struggle.  So, today I'm taking the attitude of "rather than complain, I'm going to do something about it".  And I have been.  By the way, my thyroid is doing perfectly well and the doctor was happy with my numbers.  He may have mentioned the weight thing but again, I'm not discussing that today!

Ever since school ended, I have exercised every day.  That's a pretty big deal for this former PE teacher because during the school year, I NEVER exercise (hmmm...maybe THAT's why the number is so high) and I actually miss it.  So, I started moving my butt. 

But exercise won't be enough.  So, over the weekend, I started the 17 day diet.  

I did this diet last year (read about it here).  It was something that worked and I actually didn't mind doing. 

I figure between those two rather monumental changes to my life, that number should be right where I want it at the end of the summer.

So, rather than complain today, I'm choosing to be resilient and determined to be healthier.  Do you ever have days when you have to choose to see the positive, rather than the negative.  I bet you do.  What do you do to get through those negative moments?  I'd love to hear some of your motivation right now!

Now, where is that glass of red wine?  I'm kidding.  Kinda...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say ye?