Saturday, January 2, 2010

And then it dawned on me...

I will be 48 when this decade ends.  48.  Almost 50.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

Naturally, I started thinking off all I accomplished in the past decade.  This things include, are not limited to, but are listed mostly in order:
  • lost 15 lbs in 2000 and kept it off until 2006 (pregnancy did me in!) 
  • finished my Masters in Education degree
  • moved from teaching middle school to teaching high school
  • spent my 30th birthday in Disneyland
  • witnessed the birth of my niece
  • traveled to Italy, France, Caribbean, Hawaii, New York and Washington D.C. along with countless trips to Disneyland and one to Disneyworld
  • survived three years of infertility
  • sold a house, bought a house, moved into new house and found out we were having a baby within a 2 month time frame.
  • experienced an easy pregnancy and welcomed the birth of our son
  • lost loved ones as well as welcomed new babies into our lives
  • love my life as wife and mom as I learn how to balance it all.
All that being said, what will I be reflecting on when I'm 48 (seriously, 48?)?
  • Ironically, I'm the same weight now as I was in 2000 so taking off 15 lbs will be on the list.
  • I will have National Board certification (starting next fall!)
  • I will have run in several half marathons
  • I will be five years from retiring
  • The house addition will be done 
  • Alexander will be in middle school 
  • There will be a list of places we have traveled to with Alexander
  • And we will continued to be surrounded by loved ones.
Where will you be in 10 years?!



1 comment:

What say ye?