Sunday, January 10, 2010

Movies

Once a upon a time, in the days of two incomes, we went to the movie theater and were faithful Netflix subscribers.  Fast forward three years, to the days of one income (and that of a teacher, no less); movies are  a treat and Netflix subscription is a memory.  If we do go to a movie, we use free movie passes (thanks to you-know-who) and it has to be a REALLY worthwhile movie to leave our toddler for several hours.  The last one we tried to watch was Avatar in 3D but it was sold out (so we drank beer and ate burgers instead).

Anyhow, the point is we usually don't see a movie until it has come out on DVD or on Dish network.  I think the last movie we saw in the theater was Star Trek over this summer.  At least it was in IMAX.

After two years of following a close budget, we decided we could re-subscribe to Netflix this year.  And I'm back in heaven. Within minutes, I had filled the queue and movies were on headed right to my mailbox!  And did you know they started this little thing called watch instantly?  Not only do I have movies coming to me via the mail but NOW I can find movies online whenever I want.  Granted, they aren't the most recent movies but for a girl who is lucky to see a movie in a theater once a year, it works.

On my sidebar I have started a list of movies with my rating system. Right now, I'm watching Confessions of a Shopaholic.  I wasn't a huge fan of the book but Amy Adams is precious.  And I like shopping.

Have you seen any good movies lately?  Do tell!  I would love to add to my queue!

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen The Blind Side yet?!?! It's a 5 star for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just recently joined netflix too! So far we've watched The Hangover (hilarious), The Lakehouse (Loved it!), and 17 Again (the grown up version of high school musical...I enjoyed it but hubby thought it was cheesy)

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?