Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Oh, how I love the weekends!  My sister took the baby ( I suppose I should stop calling a three year old a baby) for us last night. Eric brought home take out and we settled in to watch Seven Pounds.  In which, I promptly fell asleep!  Nice date night, eh?  A belly food of food and a few glasses of wine does it to me every time.  Fortunately, I have a very sweet and understanding husband who lovingly tucked me in so I could sleep the night away.

This morning, I woke up bright and early to join "my herd" for a 3 mile run.  In the rain.  It's a good thing I'm enjoying running because running in the rain sucks.  But I did it and I feel good.  And this lovingly, sweet wife tucked her husband in, right before she left.

Which brings me to right now.  I'm sitting on the couch, watching Friday Night Lights, Season 1.  Have you watched the show?  All about high school football in Texas.  I'm such a sucker for sports movies and this TV show falls right into the category of my guilty pleasures.  I started watching it this week while grading PE finals (yes, I give written a final in PE).  And I'm hooked.  Totally.  100% hooked.

What I should be doing is making breakfast.  I have a craving for eggs and toast.  And there are mounds of laundry that need to be done.  And toys need to be picked up.  And bathrooms need to be cleaned.  And floors vacuumed, dishes washed, bills paid, etc.  And then I have to pick up the boy (I guess I can call him something other than baby), pick up a birthday present, and then get ready for girls night out.

I'd rather watch the Dillon Panthers play football.  Ok, just ONE more episode...

2 comments:

  1. Have a fun weekend! In the meantime, I will be doing TONS of laundry and cleaning, just one, bathroom, and the kitchen, and the laundry room, lol. So I'm doing enough housework for the two of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never gotten into Friday Night Lights, but my cousins live in Midland ...... so I may need to start!!

    ReplyDelete

What say ye?